When it comes to larger passenger vans that can carry a lot of people and luggage the 2023 Ford Transit is hard to beat. What about those who are more inclined to luxury? They may see the 2023 Mercedes Sprinter Van as the way to go. So the question becomes, which of these two larger passenger vans is the best option? In this in-depth review we will look at the similarities and differences of these two vans.
- Both of these vans offer engine options and drivetrain options that deliver a good amount of power. The Ford Transit is powered by the well known EcoBoost while the Mercedes Sprinter has three different options to choose from when it comes to engines.
- The 2023 Ford Transit has many driver assist features in place to help you while driving. These come in handy when you may be in a tight spot or need a little extra help to navigate to where you need to be.
- There are plenty of ways to configure these two vans, whether you will be using it as an adventure rig, or as a work vehicle. The best part is both of these companies will configure these vans if you put the request in with them.
Engines and Drivetrain Options:
Ford offers two engine options as the powerhouses under the hood. The base engine is a naturally aspirated engine that puts out a good amount of power. The other option available is the well known 3.5 liter EcoBoost engine. Both of these engines are mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission. There is the option of either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive.
- 3.5 liter Naturally Aspirated engine (275 horsepower, 262 pounds of torque)
- 3.5 liter EcoBoost Turbocharged engine (310 horsepower, 410 pounds of torque)
As far as the Mercedes Benz Sprinter van there are three engine options, two diesel options and a gas option. All three of these engines work with a 9-speed transmission to give the driver and passengers a smooth ride. To complement this, rear wheel drive is standard with the available option to upgrade to four wheel drive as well!
- 2.0 liter inline four gasoline engine (188 horsepower, 258 pounds of torque)
- Four Cylinder diesel engine (170 horsepower, 295 pounds of torque)
- Four Cylinder high output diesel engine (211 horsepower, 332 pounds of torque)
Driver Assist Features:
Ford offers a good amount of driver assist features to help you while you are driving. These are a great help due to the size of these vans. With the ability to fit an astonishing fifteen passengers you will be most pleased with the enhanced driver assistance to give you a better driving experience. The following list contains some of the highlighted features that are available.
- Ford CoPilot 360
- Enhanced Active Park Assist
- Front, Side, and Rear Sensing Assist
Mercedes has also given a good list of features in terms of driver safety assistance. Such systems as the lane-keeping system and the blind spot monitoring will do well to keep both the driver and passengers safe all while taking the headache away from driving.
From both of these companies you will see the option to configure these lage cargo vans to fit the lifestyle that you have. On Ford’s end you are able to design one of their Transit’s with a longer wheelbase, and taller roof to give a little bit more space. This will allow you to get the most out of the room that you are needing. Whether you are looking to go on adventures, live in the van itself, or utilize it for a business this will be a great option.
Mercedes has a very similar option with their Sprinter van as there are different configurations. This van is available in cargo, passenger, and crew options. Giving it many different options has been a great feature as well as it allows for the best fit no matter what you may be looking for in a cargo van.
Which of the Two Vans is the Best Option?
When comparing these two options the best would be the 2023 Ford Transit. This is because you will get a great driving experience when you choose this vehicle. Even the base engine that is available makes more power than any of those found in the Mercedes Sprinter. There are many more driver safety assistance that will come in handy as well. To top it all off you will get the configuration you want at a good price due to the fact that the starting price is around $46,000 for the 2023 Ford Transit.