When you need an SUV that is more than capable of handling off-road scenarios as well as on-road scenarios the 2024 Ford Bronco will be hard to beat. These redesigned Bronco’s are built to conquer the outdoors all while giving a great driving experience. In this in-depth review we will be looking into some of the features that are found in this SUV as well as what you can expect when you purchase one.
- There are two turbocharged engine options when looking at this Ford Bronco. On top of that there is an available manual transmission as well.
- Along with taking a hiatus on the manual transmission Ford decided to cut back on some of the trim levels as well in the 2023 model year, however, there will be a return of some of the most beloved trim levels including the Everglade and Base trim levels.
- Ford has designed the Bronco to excel in the offroading arena and the 2024 model year does not disappoint. With many available features and available options there are plenty of ways that you can configure your Bronco to your liking!
Engines and Drivetrains:
The 2024 Ford Bronco offers two engine options, similar to previous years. These two engines may be smaller, however, they produce plenty of power to get you where you are wanting to go. They will be mated to a ten speed automatic transmission.
There may have been some worried customers last year as Ford decided to not produce a manual transmission. This coming 2024 year will see the return of a seven speed manual transmission. It is important to know that this transmission is only available with the smaller of the two engines. Two wheel drive will be standard with an available four wheel drive option
- 2.3 liter turbocharged engine (300 horsepower, 325 pounds of torque)
- 2.7 liter twin-turbo engine (330 horsepower, 415 pounds of torque)
Available Trim Levels:
In the 2023 model year there were some discontinuations of some of the trim levels, but only for the year. 2024 will see the return of the Base model as well as the Everglade trim. If you are looking for the more hefty Ford Bronco Raptor you will find a new Code Orange package to give it a rugged look. As you can see there are some changes to the trim levels in the 2024 Bronco lineup! The following list shows the trim levels and the estimated starting prices as well.
- Base- $37,000
- Big Bend- $42,000
- Black Diamond- $44,000
- Outer Banks- $49,000
- Badlands- $51,000
- Everglades- $57,000
- Wildtrak- $61,000
Off Roading Capabilities:
There has not been an official reveal as to all of the features that will be seen on the 2024 Ford Bronco in terms of offroading. With that being said, if the Ford Bronco remains similar to the 2023 model year there will be a lot of these features to look forward to. With these available offroading features you will be sure to enjoy driving both on the pavement and off it as well. The following list includes some of the highlighted features that will most likely be seen.
- HOSS System
- Available Undercarriage Skid Plates
- Electronic Front and Rear Locking Differentials
- Front Stabilizer Bar Disconnects
- G.O.A.T Technology
The G.O.A.T (Get Over Any Type of Terrain) technology found in these Bronco SUVs is quite the impressive system, and is a great addition to your offroading vehicle. When equipped, this will give different drive modes that will allow the vehicle to perform better in snow, ice, or mud, depending on the drive mode that is selected.
Will the 2024 Ford Bronco Be Worth the Money?
Simply put, yes this rugged SUV will be well worth it as it will be able to handle whatever you may throw at it. We might suggest a Bronco with the smaller 2.3 liter engine and the seven speed manual transmission. This will give a great driving experience while still giving enough power. The 300 horsepower rating can give enough to make it well worth the purchase. On top of that the Black Diamond trim level is perfect for those who want to see some great added upgrades without breaking the bank.